AAUW has been transforming women’s lives for more than a century. And now that we’ve won the fight to give women equal access to education, we’re taking on one of the most defining issues of our time: gender equity. But we can’t do it alone.
Become an AAUW Member
Select the membership option that's right for you:
Become a national member and connect through our website, plus enjoy special members-only discounts, e-newsletters, webinars, calls to action and more. All AAUW dues are fully tax deductible.
National Membership Dues: $72/annual
Lifetime Membership Dues: $1,440/one-time payment
Make a direct impact in your community. Join a local or virtual branch of AAUW, or start one in your area.
Use our branch locator to find a branch near you. If the branch participates in our membership payment program, you’ll be able to join online right away! Otherwise, please visit the branch website for instructions on how to join.
Branch Membership Dues: See branch website for more information.
Your institution can join AAUW and share membership benefits with the entire student body and faculty.
College/University Membership Dues: $250/annual
Undergraduates or degree-seeking graduates enrolled in full-time or part-time programs can join AAUW at a special low rate and enjoy a range of benefits to help them succeed on campus and after graduation. AAUW dues are fully tax deductible.
Student Membership Dues (College/University Member School): FREE
Student Membership Dues (Non-College/University Member School): $18.81/annual
Make a Difference
By becoming a member, you’re not only joining a community committed to our cause. You’re also directly funding our work to:
- Train millions of women to negotiate for higher salaries and benefits.
- Support state and local fair-pay legislation to ban the use of salary history in hiring, a practice that puts women at a financial disadvantage.
- Develop more women leaders through workshops and conferences.
Membership in AAUW also provides a host of perks and benefits. AAUW members:
- Receive great discounts and special services on insurance, hotels and travel, office supplies, email services and more.
- Stay informed and active through a host of digital resources and newsletters, including roundups of the latest news and research in gender equity, opportunities to engage in grassroots activism, and updates on AAUW membership resources.
- Weigh in on who will lead AAUW on its board of directors and decide which public policy issues should be our highest priority.
- Get the opportunity to participate in one of the committees and task forces that move our agenda forward. Not to mention the many opportunities to play pivotal roles at the state or branch level.
Join a Community
AAUW offers lots of opportunities to get involved with a local community of activists. By joining at the branch level, you can serve in leadership roles, sponsor community action projects, and lobby on priority issues like pay equity and Title IX reform.
Please direct membership inquiries to email@example.com.