STEMEd for Girls
Are you interested in the STEM fields and all the potential they hold—especially for girls like you?
We are pleased to announce that our STEMEd for Girls is returning for the summer of 2022! This exciting new program is created for girls in middle and high school—with a particular focus on girls of color. Whether you’re just starting to explore your interest in science and math, or you’ve already decided to major in STEM in college, this program will help you along the way. A bonus offering: Special sessions for parents, guardians and caregivers who are eager to provide the support and encouragement that girls need!
STEMEd for Girls is a series of lively, informative and engaging virtual workshops that will pave the way for your success as you move through high school, into college and eventually on to your career. Designed for those who want to stand out among their peers, the program:
- Demystifies the world of STEM and shows how accessible—and exciting—these fields can be.
- Explores the different subject areas that you can choose as a college major, including biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, mathematics, and technology/computer science.
- Shows the many types of lucrative jobs and careers a STEM education can prepare you for.
- Connects you up with a STEM Ambassador who can inspire and guide you in your education and beyond.
- Works with your parent, guardian or caregiver to make sure you have all the support and encouragement you need on your pathway to STEM.
Gain confidence, have fun, get inspired—and join a national community of girls and women excited about the endless opportunities in STEM.
STEMEd for Girls Summer 2022 Schedule
Wednesday, April 20 | 6-7:30pm ET
Wednesday, June 1 | 6-7:30pm ET
STEM Topic Exploration Session #1
Wednesday, June 15 | 6-7:30pm ET
STEM Topic Exploration Session #2
Wednesday, June 22 | 6-7:30pm ET
STEM Topic Exploration Session #3 (Hands-on)
Saturday, June 25 | 2:30-4pm ET
STEM Topic Exploration Session #4
Wednesday, June 29 | 2:30-4pm ET
STEM Topic Exploration Session #5
Wednesday, July 6 | 2:30-4pm ET
STEM Topic Exploration Session #6
Wednesday, July 13 | 6-7:30pm ET
STEM Topic Exploration Session #7 (Hands-on)
Saturday, July 16 | 2:30-4pm ET
Pathways to STEM Session
Wednesday, July 20 | 6-7:30pm ET
Caregivers are invited to attend all evening sessions.
Did You Know?
AAUW STEMEd for Girls is supported by the Arconic Foundation and the Baxter International Foundation.