In recent years, education, housing, and public health services called nondefense discretionary (NDD) programs have been eliminated or reduced by Congress due to across-the-board cuts. However, millions of Americans count on these programs.
Federal courts are often the last, best hope for women who have experienced discrimination. With a growing number of judicial vacancies, we need your help to give the confirmation process needs a push.
Planned Parenthood is the only source of many needed preventative services for many uninsured and under-insured women.
Become a Two-Minute Activist
Receive urgent e-mail notices to contact your members of Congress right in your inbox. Join the AAUW Action Network today!
Make Your Voice Heard in Congress
Take a moment to read about the latest issue in Congress. Then take one more minute to personalize and e-mail a message to your member of Congress.
- End Sexual Violence on Campus
- Create STEM Gateways Today
- Take Action on Education
- Women Need Action on Student Loan Debt
- Tell Congress: No Voucher Schemes
- Protect Students from Bullying and Harassment
- Time to Ratify the Equal Rights Amendment
- Sign the Petition for Campaign Finance Reform
- Urge Congress to Reform Our Broken Immigration System
- Help End Violence Against Women Worldwide
- Demand Accountability to End Sexual Assault in the Military
- Stand Up for Voting Rights
- Tell Congress to Fix the Hobby Lobby Decision