On April 9, the Senate voted along party lines to once again prevent the Paycheck Fairness Act from receiving an up-or-down vote.
Last year, the Supreme Court created an artificial distinction between types of workplace “supervisors.” This decision creates an extra hurdle for workers suing their employers for workplace harassment, unequal pay, and other forms of discrimination.
Encouraging women-owned small businesses is not just good public policy; it also makes economic sense.
Become a Two-Minute Activist
Receive urgent e-mail notices to contact your members of Congress right in your inbox. Join the AAUW Action Network today!
Make Your Voice Heard in Congress
Take a moment to read about the latest issue in Congress. Then take one more minute to personalize and e-mail a message to your member of Congress.
- Tell the Senate: Don’t Discriminate with Our Tax Dollars
- Give Congress Its Back-to-School Checklist
- Did Your Representative Vote for the Bad Education Bill?
- Is Your Senator One of the 39?
- Protect Students from Bullying and Harassment
- Make Our Schools Safer
- Support the National Women’s History Museum
- Who’s Your Boss? Maybe Not Who You Think
- Demand Accountability to End Sexual Assault in the Military
- Help End Violence Against Women Worldwide
- Help End Sex Trafficking
- Stand Up for Voting Rights
- Reform our Broken Immigration System Now
- Time to Ratify the Equal Rights Amendment
- Help S.T.O.P. Sexual Assault in the Military
- Tell Your Representative How You Feel About Their VAWA Vote