Leading and Learning
From scholarships to salary negotiation, AAUW offers many benefits and opportunities for everyone at your college or university.
Join us so that you and your campus can:
Access research funding.
There are a variety of educational funding sources available to women students, including:
- AAUW fellowships and grants — including summer/short-term grants — which provide funding for research projects or degree programs.
- Local scholarships to undergraduate and graduate women through AAUW branches.
- Regional and national scholarships to attend the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL).
Step up as leaders.
When you serve in one of two college/university (C/U) representative roles at your school, you receive free AAUW membership and so much more. For example, you can:
- Serve as a panelist for AAUW’s fellow and grantee selection or on a national AAUW committee or become a facilitator for our Work Smart salary-negotiation program.
- Submit a workshop proposal for the nation’s premiere conference for student leaders — the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL) — and attend sessions designed for campus professionals.
- Join your local AAUW branch.
Students who want to grow professionally can:
- Attend the annual NCCWSL leadership conference that empowers women leaders from across the globe.
- Bring an AAUW Start Smart salary negotiation workshop to your campus to teach college women about negotiating salaries and benefits in their first jobs.
- Become part of AAUW’s Equity Network, a community of students and young professionals committed to gender equity and allyship.
Build your network.
When you join AAUW, you become part of a global community of 170,000 AAUW members and supporters as well as more than 800 college/university member schools and nearly 1,000 AAUW branches. You can also:
- Find other college/university representatives and colleagues through the Membership Services Database.
- Attend AAUW’s Graduate School Fair at the annual National Conference for College Women Student Leaders or participate at a discount.
- Spread the word about AAUW. Undergraduates or degree-seeking graduates at non-AAUW college/university member institutions may join and renew at the student rate of $18.81 through graduation.
Not sure if your school is already a member? You can check here.
Please direct membership inquiries to email@example.com.