Engage, Learn and Lead: Step Into Your Power!
AAUW invites hundreds of college women from around the country for three days of leadership training, inspiration and networking at our National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL).
AAUW is thrilled to announce that registration is now open for the 2023 National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL), which will take place May 31 – June 3, 2023! NCCWSL is the premier experience for elevating leadership, advocacy, and equity for college women, with access to dynamic speakers, workshops, and panels.
We are excited to announce this year’s event will be In-Person at the University of Maryland College Park.
Act now to access our early bird pricing!
Early Bird Rates (Effective through April 3)
NCCWSL STEM Half-Day Workshop Only (May 31): $65
NCCWSL Residential Conference Only (June 1-3): $565
NCCWSL Commuter Conference Only (June 1-3): $385
STEM Half-Day Workshop
New this year is an engaging half-day STEM workshop for all students pursuing an education and career in STEM or any STEM related major. Through collaboration and networking opportunities, panel discussions, interactive demonstrations, and forward-thinking activities, you will learn about your own resiliency and value in the STEM community. You’ll meet other women on similar paths, hear from peers and established professionals, explore innovative spaces on campus, and prepare for the exciting journey ahead!
NCCWSL 2023 will be held from May 31 – June 3, 2023 at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Early Bird Registration: Ends April 3, 2023
Regular Registration: Ends May 5, 2023
What do you get with your registration?
- Residential registration
- 3 nights lodging in traditional style A/C accommodations from Wednesday, May 31 – Saturday, June 3, 2023
- Meal plan to include 3 breakfasts (June 1-3), 2 boxed lunches (June 1-2), and 2 dinners (May 31 and June 2)
- Standard linen, parking permits, and administrative fees are included
- Commuter Registration
- Meal plan to include 3 breakfast, 2 boxed lunches, and 2 dinners
- Administrative fees are included
- parking and housing not included
STEM Half-day workshop additional charge
*Additional housing on May 30 and June 3 available at additional cost and dependent on availability*
What is NCCWSL?
AAUW’s annual conference, The National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL), brings together more than 800 young women from around the country for two and a half days of leadership training, networking and inspiration. This year’s event will include sessions on career development, mentorship, financial literacy, racial-justice activism and more. Participants will have an opportunity to explore post-graduate programs, careers in a variety of disciplines (especially STEM) and other opportunities for their future.
Who Attends NCCWSL?
NCCWSL attracts a diverse group of young leaders who are highly engaged on their campuses: They are involved in student government, academic and pre-professional organizations, identity-based and social-justice clubs and political activism. One in four is majoring in the STEM fields; other popular majors include business and the social sciences. Most are rising juniors or seniors, who are at a pivotal point as they explore their next steps after graduation. The young women represent the rich diversity of their generation.
NCCWSL By the Numbers
- Roughly 50% of NCCWSL attendees are women of color. Many are first-generation college students.
- 1 in 4 NCCWSL attendees major in the STEM fields, followed by majors in business and the social sciences.
- Nearly 500 colleges from 48 states have sent campus leaders to NCCWSL.
Our NCCWSL Scholarships are now closed. However, many local AAUW branches are able to fund NCCWSL registration for students. Ask your local AAUW branch about funding your registration.
What You Need to Know
To start your registration, click the button below. You will be redirected to the Event Rebels registration site. Place a number in the box next to the registration type of your choice. Fill out the registration form and keep the invoice and confirmation for your records.
To begin, enter the registration site. You will find Group Coordinator and individual (Student) registration options.
Group Coordinator Options:
- Group Coordinator Not Attending: If you are a group contact but will not attend in person, this option will allow you to enter student registrations and process the payment by credit card or check.
- Group Coordinator Attending Residential: If you are a group contact, will attend in person, and require housing arrangements, this option will allow you to enter student registrations and process the payment by credit card or check.
- Group Coordinator Attending Commuter: If you are a group contact and will attend in person but do not require housing arrangements, this option will allow you to enter student registrations and process the payment by credit card or check.
Once Group Coordinator Option is chosen on the same page, select the number of Individual registration(s) needed (Residential or Commuter).
When registering students, there will be several questions for each student; if you have this information (see registration questions below), please enter it into the system; if you do not, please do your best to complete them. A confirmation email will go to you and all the students you registered (if your student email is entered when registering). The confirmation to the student will notify them they have been registered for the event by a third party. It will ask students to go into the system via a personal link so the students can review or update registration questions/preferences.
Once you are on the payment screen, you can pay via credit card or electronic check. The group Coordinator will receive a confirmation email with the details for all students registered. Each of your attendees will also receive an email with their confirmation and login information to update their registration information.
- Questions we ask on registration:
- First and Last name
- Address and phone
- University/College/ Company
- Race, Pronouns, Gender
- Emergency Contact: Name, Number, Relationship
- Dietary and special needs request
- Anticipated Graduation Date
- Have you attended NCCWSL?
- How did you hear about NCCWSL?
- Are you an AAUW Member? If yes, enter the member number
- Who is funding your registration?
- Housing request form
- Comfortable sharing with the same gender
- Comfortable sharing with any gender
- Special Accommodations
- Agree to terms & conditions/ Code of conduct
Early Bird Registration: Ends April 3, 2023
Regular Registration: Ends May 5, 2023
- STEM half-day option May 31, 2023
- Early Bird: $65
- Regular: $75
- Residential (Individual or Coordinator) June 1-3, 2023
- Early Bird: $565
- Regular: $685
- Commuter (Individual or Coordinator) June 1-3, 2023
- Early Bird: $385
- Regular: $505
- Group Coordinator (Not Attending) June 1-3, 2023
- Group discount 10% off registration on a group of ten or more!
- Payments are due in full
- IMPORTANT: Registrations are not considered final until your full payment has been received. Please see below for our cancellation policy.
- Credit Card and E-Check: To guarantee your reservation, pay by credit card or E-check. Without payment you will not be able to complete your online registration. Registrations are not considered final until your full payment has been received
- NCCWSL Registration Cancellation, Transfer, and Refund Policy: NCCWSL will accept registration cancellations, transfers and/or additional items if received by April 30, 2023. All refunds will be processed through AAUW within 6–8 weeks after receipt of cancellation. After April 30, 2023, registration fees are non-refundable, with limited exceptions (serious illness, death of a family member, etc.). Cancellation requests should be sent to email@example.com.
Thank you for an incredible two days! This energized me so much. I was feeling a bit lost on my next steps leading up to the conference and the energy of the presenters and fellow attendees really got me focused and hyped!
AAUW believes NCCWSL provides valuable opportunities for students from all backgrounds and each year awards scholarships to the conference.
NCCWSL: It's the Place to Be!
NCCWSL has students from all over. In 2019, the conference was attended by 800 students from over 300 colleges and 48 states!