Make Your Voice Heard
AAUW has always stood for solutions that work for all women and families — and we do not intend to stop now. AAUW’s advocacy has made women’s voices heard from the White House to Congress to the statehouse, and your voice is needed now more than ever! That’s why AAUW has compiled a set of resources to guide you in advocating for women and girls through a variety of tactics and actions.
- How to Hold a Meeting with Your Elected Officials
- How to Organize a Candidate Forum
- How to Organize an Effective Petition Campaign
- How to Organize an Issue Forum
- How to Work with the Media
- When to Write a Letter to the Editor versus an Op-Ed
- Upcoming AAUW Advocacy Activity and Events Form
- AAUW Advocacy Event and Activity Report-Back Form
- State Legislative Request Intake Form
AAUW Action Fund
In addition to lobbying on in Washington D.C. for issues affecting women and girls, our Action Fund provides voter education resources and works to get out the vote. Learn more about all the ways we work to advance gender equity and how you can get involved.
Make sure your voice is heard! We provide everything you need to contact your members of Congress and your state legislators about pressing issues. You can make a difference in just two minutes!