Donor Relations Associate
The American Association of University Women (AAUW), a gender equity advocacy organization, is one of the nation’s leading voices promoting equity and education for women and girls and empowering them to reach their highest potential. What began in 1881 as a group of 17 like-minded women has grown into a powerful grassroots network with more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and more than 800 college and university partners across the United States.
The Donor Relations Associate is a key team member of the Institutional Advancement team, working to support stewardship, grants management and donor relations programs. The Associate is responsible for supporting key departmental functions, including grants and project management, donor relations and stewardship, and administrative support.
- Manage assigned projects with minimal supervision, including a grants management calendar and project deliverables including budget management and tracking, basic project organization, donor stewardship correspondence, and internal and external communications.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal departments on the development and implementation of projects. This will include interactions and relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and a close working relationship with the Finance team on required budget and actuals tracking.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure that projects are successful and meet donor expectations and contract deliverables, primarily in support of corporate/foundation donors.
- Perform data entry and booking of gifts from Salesforce and Raisers Edge, assuring accuracy of revenue received.
- Develop and implement appropriate recognition and stewardship tools, as well as procedures and materials to support the Advancement team goals.
- Assist with reporting on major corporate and foundation relationships, including fund expenditure tracking in close coordination with the Finance team, project and materials development timelines, communication plan development and implementation, and stewardship.
- Help manage logistics for departmental events.
- Develop familiarity with AAUW’s culture and values, programs and initiatives.
- Maintain an awareness of current market conditions and other factors that might affect the business climate.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in a sales or fundraising role, or an equivalent combination of training and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of and strong commitment to generally accepted fundraising policies, standards, and values, as well as the AFP Code of Ethics.
- Attention to detail, significant organizational, and other project management skills necessary.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and proposal development skills needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse audiences—including individuals, groups, corporate executives, and non-profit executives and Board members—and the demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively and tactfully.
- Innovation and flexibility required.
- Ability to work with and keep confidential sensitive information.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to inclusion and equity.
- Clear understanding and commitment to AAUW mission, goals and objectives.
Compensation and Location
The salary range for this position is $44,000 to $50,000 and it is offered along with a competitive benefits package. The position is based in Washington, DC.
During COVID, this position can be worked remotely with Washington, D.C., Maryland or Virginia as the tax withholding state of record. However, when AAUW’s office re-opens, the position incumbent will be required to work at AAUW headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email, indicating position title (Donor Relations Associate) to firstname.lastname@example.org.