AAUW is Looking for a Digital Manager
The American Association of University Women (AAUW), a gender equity advocacy organization, is one of the nation’s leading voices promoting equity and education for women and girls and empowering them to reach their highest potential. What began in 1881 as a group of 17 like-minded women has grown into a powerful grassroots network with more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and more than 800 college and university partners across the United States.
Summary Description: The Digital Manager will manage AAUW’s digital communications portfolio in coordination with the Communications & External Relations team and other staff throughout AAUW. Responsibilities include managing AAUW’s website, digital marketing, social media, email, webinars, and video management.
- Creates compelling digital content aligned with organization’s goals and priorities, promoting AAUW’s work in advocacy, research, policy, membership, programs, fellowships and grants.
- Manages AAUW’s website including conceptualizing, creating and and/or editing written and graphic content. Responsible for hands-on day-to-day and longer-range project web management.
- Leads AAUW’s efforts on multi-media content and digital data visualization, including infographics, interactives, videos, audio, animation and motion graphics.
- Manages AAUW’s email correspondence and newsletters, including design and distribution. Helps manage AAUW’s audiences and list management.
- Contributes to development and design of social media creative assets and manages social media strategy.
- Maintains and produces reports of digital analytics and uses metrics to adapt and improve content strategy and audience targeting.
- Manages the development and production of AAUW video and digital events, including webinars and livestream events.
- Provides quality control for all digital communications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital media and communications, journalism or web design, or related fields.
- Proven success in developing website content optimized across mobile, social and online platforms, and managing digital communication efforts for an organization or media outlet.
- Experience with content-management systems and responsive web design. Solid understanding of HTML and CSS coding.
- Excellent writing and editing skills – with focus on ability to develop concise and clear web and digital content.
- Experience creating web graphics, and multimedia content such as slideshows, quizzes, and interactive graphics. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and Info-gram, or similar programs, preferred.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- Ability to work individually as well as collaboratively and to give and accept constructive feedback.
- Strong time- and project-management skills, including ability to meet multiple deadlines while maintaining high level of quality.
- Self-starter who can adapt to a quickly evolving organization.
- Experience measuring and reporting digital metrics and using data to drive content strategy.
- Prioritizes intersectionality, diversity and inclusion.
- Clear understanding and commitment to AAUW mission, goals, and objectives.
Compensation & Location
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $70,000 contingent on relevant experience. During COVID, this position can be worked remotely with DC, MD, or VA as the tax withholding state of record. However, when AAUW’s office re-opens, the position incumbent will be required to work at AAUW headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email, indicating the position title (Digital Manager) to email@example.com.