Communications Manager, Digital Outreach
The American Association of University Women (AAUW), a gender equity advocacy organization, is one of the nation’s leading voices promoting equity and education for women and girls and empowering them to reach their highest potential. What began in 1881 as a group of 17 like-minded women has grown into a powerful grassroots network with more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and more than 800 college and university partners across the United States.
The Communications Manager, Digital Outreach primary role will be to manage AAUW’s email and social media communications in coordination with the Communications & External Relations team, other staff throughout AAUW and external vendors. The manager will help coordinate and implement AAUW’s media outreach efforts.
- Manages AAUW’s email correspondence and newsletters to donors, supporters and other external audiences.
- Helps to create and maintain database lists for targeted emails and CRM tools.
- Writes compelling copy for AAUW’s newsletters, fundraising campaigns and email communications.
- Creates, manages and executes social media strategy for campaigns, projects and organizational positioning including the development and design of social media creative assets.
- Contributes to AAUW media outreach efforts, including drafting press releases and pitching stories.
- Maintains and produces reports of digital analytics and uses metrics to adapt and improve content strategy and audience targeting.
- Provides quality control (including proofreading) for all digital communications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in communications, digital media and marketing or related fields.
- Proven success in developing and managing digital communication efforts for an organization, including experience with EveryAction, Constant Contact, Mailchimp or similar systems.
- Hands-on experience working in CMS; basic coding experience a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills – with focus on ability to develop concise and clear digital content.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Final Cut Pro, Canva and Infogram or similar programs a plus.
- Strong time- and project-management skills, including ability to meet multiple deadlines while maintaining high level of quality.
- Self-starter who can adapt to a quickly evolving organization.
- Prioritizes intersectionality, diversity and inclusion.
- Clear understanding and commitment to AAUW mission, goals and objectives.
Compensation & Location
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $70,000 contingent on relevant experience. During COVID, this position can be worked remotely with DC, MD or VA as the tax withholding state of record. However, when AAUW’s office re-opens, the position incumbent will be required to work at AAUW headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email, indicating the position title (Communications Manager, Digital Outreach) to email@example.com.