AAUW Champions for Women and Girls are generous donors dedicated to empowering, engaging, inspiring, and preparing women and girls to meet the obstacles and issues facing them today and in the future. Our Champions help AAUW reach our goal of pay equity for all, support women and girls in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields, and continue our fight for Title IX and Title VII protections.
The AAUW Champions for Women and Girls program recognizes individuals who have made a significant financial commitment to advancing equity for women and girls. The Champions program honors donors who annually give single or cumulative gifts of $5,000 or above. Multiyear commitments are encouraged to support deeper investments in our programs.
Champions will be recognized in five levels with the following benefits:
- Champions pin, recognition in AAUW annual report and at select AAUW events, acknowledgment in AAUW impact updates, recognition on the AAUW website, and an invitation to phone briefings
- All bronze benefits as well as an invitation to annual State of Women and Girls webinar, inclusion in private regional event hosted by AAUW board chair and/or convention receptions, and a dedicated AAUW staff liaison
- All silver benefits as well as a special program update, a VIP tour of AAUW’s headquarters in Washington, D.C., and recognition on the AAUW national building digital wall
- All gold benefits as well as chief executive officer updates on AAUW programs and initiatives and preferred seating at convention plenaries and other select events
Diamond: $50,000 and up
- All platinum benefits as well as a personal visit from the chief executive officer, invitations to introduce speakers at AAUW events and welcome other Champions, and photo opportunities with keynote speakers at events
AAUW Champions for Women and Girls
as of March 1, 2019
Diane and James Patton
Janet Wert Crampton
Marla Kim and Robert Benziger
Patricia Fae Ho
Karen and David Kirkwood
Rob and Carol Manegold
Marcia Lynn McKenzie
AAUW Champions ambassadors are philanthropic leaders across the country who serve as the faces and voices of the program.
Meet our ambassadors:
Carol Newnam, Venice, Florida
Diane Patton, Ames, Iowa
Judy Horan, Corona, California
Karen Kirkwood, Apple Valley, Minnesota
Liz Bathgate, Castro Valley, California
Marla Kim Benziger, Deerfield, Illinois
Neola Waller, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Ruth Sweetser, Lombard, Illinois
Become a Champion today and be a philanthropic visionary to ensure that women and girls reach their highest potential!
Questions? Please contact our Major Gifts & Planned Giving Associate Joanna M. Wood: