AAUW is Looking for a Senior Associate, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
The Senior Associate is a key team member of the Corporate and Foundation Partnerships team, working to research, solicit, and manage partnerships with corporate and foundation donors. Reporting directly to the Vice President, s/he is responsible for managing and expanding a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors to build lasting relationships that regularly generate four and five-figure gifts. The Senior Associate has direct revenue goals in addition to sharing collective responsibility for larger team goals.
- Identify prospective corporate/foundation funders; develop strong relationships and solicit prospects through visits and regular phone and written communication; and secure donations and sponsorships from corporate and foundation sources;
- Independently manage logistics for departmental events;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure that collaborations and projects are successful and meet corporation/foundation expectations and contract deliverables;
- Develop and implement appropriate recognition and stewardship tools, as well as procedures and materials to support the Corporate and Foundation Development team goals;
- Serve as a leader for specific cross-departmental projects, as assigned;
- Provide back-up support to members of the Corporate and Foundation Partnerships team as needed;
- Develop familiarity with AAUW’s culture and values, programs and initiatives;
- Maintain an awareness of current market conditions and other factors that might affect the business climate;
- Represent AAUW at key external events;
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2-4 years of experience working in a sales or fundraising role, or an equivalent combination of training and relevant experience;
- Knowledge of and strong commitment to generally accepted fundraising policies, standards, and values, as well as the AFP Code of Ethics;
- Experience with stewardship, activation, and all operations for existing and prospect partners;
- Attention to detail, significant organizational, and other project management skills necessary;
- Excellent writing, presentation, and proposal development skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse audiences—including individuals, groups, corporate executives, and non-profit executives and Board members—and the demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively and tactfully;
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
Other Desired Skills
- Understanding of communications planning;
- Knowledge of current events/practices effecting women and girls in STEM education and workforce development;
- Experience in managing affinity benefits/partners;
- Data analysis skills
Compensation and Location:
The salary range for this position is $47,000 to $52,000 and it is offered along with a competitive benefits package. The position is based in Washington, DC.
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email indicating position title to firstname.lastname@example.org.