AAUW is Looking for a Salary Negotiation Program Intern
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
AAUW’s Salary Negotiation Program comprises two workshops, AAUW Start Smart, designed for college students, and AAUW Work Smart, designed for working women. Both workshops exist to empower women to confidently and successfully negotiate for fair pay. For more information on AAUW’s salary negotiation workshops, visit salary.aauw.org.
The AAUW Salary Negotiation Program seeks an intern starting on February 26, 2018 to work a minimum of 35 hours/week through June 2018. This internship is ideal for someone with a passion for leadership development and/or training, and is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in coordinating training events, communications, and program operations.
- Provide support for the AAUW Salary Negotiation Program, including coordination of upcoming salary negotiation workshops and input of returned pre- and post-workshop evaluations;
- Assist in tracking and maintenance of the Salary Negotiation Program’s records and metrics in our database;
- Answering inquiries and requests regarding the Salary Negotiation Program;
- Distribute and track workshop materials to various workshop locations;
- Contribute to the various departmental e-newsletters and the AAUW blog, in addition to other external communications around a variety of AAUW campus initiatives and leadership programs; and
- Attend various staff meetings and external events as a representative of AAUW.
- Experience or interest in leadership development, program development, training, and/or as a volunteer/student leader;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Demonstrated history of creativity, customer service, and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, strong sense of self-direction and independence;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel);
- Experience with databases a plus;
- A minimum of 35 hours per week is strongly desired
Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, along with two references by e-mail indicating “Salary Negotiation Program Intern” to AAUW Human Resources at email@example.com.