AAUW is Looking for a Fellowships and Grants Intern
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a national membership organization, founded in 1881. Our mission is to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
AAUW is seeking a talented student or graduate as an intern to help staff in the AAUW Fellowship and Grants department establish programs and tools that will be used to connect current and former AAUW award recipients with each other and the larger AAUW Community. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, strong organizational skills, and interest in data management.
- Conduct online research to find updated information on former recipients
- Help create stories and profiles for online and print publication, highlighting alumnae accomplishments and professional progress
- Assist with the creation and distribution of electronic newsletter
- Support social media efforts to engage current recipients and alumnae
- Assist in analyzing data collected from alumnae through online surveys, helping to determine ways to utilize the information collected and measure long-term impact of AAUW’s fellowships and grants programs
- Make updates to alumnae contact information in Raiser’s Edge
- Assist Fellowships and Grants staff with projects relating to fellowship and grant application process
- Perform other related/comparable duties as required and assigned
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Available to work a minimum of 20 hours/week
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Good writing skills
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by e-mail to AAUW Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Fellowships and Grants Intern” in the subject line.