AAUW is Looking for a Development Intern
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
The Major Gifts and Planned Giving Team is responsible for revenue generation of the organization by managing and implementing all major and planned giving initiatives including stewardship and recognition programs, donor and estate outreach, and events.
This part-time intern will work as a key member of the Major Gifts and Planned Giving department, taking ownership of assigned projects. This intern will gain a broad set of skills while learning how nonprofit fundraising departments operate.
- Play a key role in donor cultivation and stewardship efforts;
- Assist with identifying and researching prospective new donors;
- Utilize the Raiser’s Edge database to research and track donor information as well as generate giving analyses;
- Help the team with event management logistics for AAUW’s National Convention;
- Provide support in tracking gifts, appeals, and stewardship;
- Support administrative and budget management of the department;
- Assist with the development of digital and print communications to donors;
- Collaborate with other interns and staff in fast pace work environment;
- Provide general team and organizational support as needed.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree, or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, writing, and research skills;
- Exceptional ability to organize work, follow through on projects, anticipate project needs function independently as well as part of a team, and work effectively with staff and volunteers;
- Ability to communicate effectively with members, donors, and the general public via mail, telephone, and email;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- High degree of proficiency with computers and computer programs – particularly Microsoft Office and Excel; experience with fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge preferred but not required;
- Interest in equity for women and girls and/or other related social justice issues.
Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by e-mail indicating position title to AAUW Human Resources at email@example.com. This internship is paid and includes some benefits.