Amplify these messages and join the campaign to confirm a #JusticeForAll!
Confirm Judge Jackson: Engage on Social Media
Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson has already made history as the first Black woman nominated to the Supreme Court of the United States. Now the U.S. Senate must swiftly and unanimously confirm her.
This nomination is a long-overdue step towards having a Supreme Court that better reflects the America it serves. When judges and justices come from diverse backgrounds, their decisions and rulings are more likely to reflect a variety of outlooks and perspectives. What’s more, public trust in our judiciary increases when people see judges and justices who look like them, understand their issues and care about their needs. Judge Jackson’s record demonstrates that she is fair and impartial jurist and lawyer, dedicated to protecting the fundamental rights of all people. Her nomination represents a historic milestone that will impact our nation for generations to come.
This is where you come in.
Social media is a highly effective tool for sharing your message with diverse audiences across multiple platforms. With many of our interactions continuing to be virtual due to COVID, online engagement is more crucial than ever before. With a well-crafted tweet or Facebook post, you can raise awareness about AAUW issues and spotlight your efforts in supporting the first Black woman to serve on the Supreme Court.
- Use the right hashtags. Include relevant hashtags like #ConfirmJackson, #JusticeForAll and #SCOTUS in your social media posts for greater visibility. Take it a step further, target your hashtag to a particular issue to really connect with what is at stake (#SaveOurHealthcare, #ProtectTheVote, #EqualRights).
- Use photos. Tweets with photos perform five times better than those without, and good photos are priceless on all social media platforms. While we offer image options on this page, we encourage you to use photos from your own life that are relevant and showcase your advocacy.
- Tag @AAUW. We look forward to sharing your content and recognizing your hard work. Make sure to follow AAUW on the following social platforms:
Support Judge Jackson’s confirmation to the Supreme Court—make your voice heard!
- This #SCOTUS nomination is about protecting the rights of people from all backgrounds, for generations to come. Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson is the nominee that the American people need–exceptionally qualified with immense legal experience. #JusticeForAll #ConfirmJackson
- Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s record as a judge & lawyer demonstrates that she is fair, impartial & dedicated to equal #JusticeForAll. We call on the Senate to swiftly #ConfirmJackson to the Supreme Court.
- Confirming the first Black woman to serve on the Supreme Court will bring a new perspective to the Court—and bring us closer to the promise of #JusticeForAll. Join us in calling on the Senate to #ConfirmJackson.
- This nomination is a long-overdue step towards a #SCOTUS that better reflects the America it serves. Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson is the #JusticeForAll our nation needs. #ConfirmJackson
- We need the Senate to #ConfirmJackson, who will be a justice who understands us, reflects us, and is fair-minded, knowing how our Constitution and laws can make a difference in people’s lives. #JusticeForAll
- Throughout her career, Judge Jackson has earned broad, bipartisan support, demonstrating her firm commitment to fairness and equal justice for all. We call on the Senate to swiftly confirm Judge Jackson to the Supreme Court.
- Judge Jackson’s confirmation would not only bring the first Black woman to the highest court in the land, but would also be the first time in the Supreme Court’s 233-year history that four women are serving simultaneously, achieving near gender equity on the nine-person bench.
- When judges and justices come from diverse backgrounds, courts are more likely to make decisions that reflect a wider variety of perspectives. This historic nomination will increase public trust in our courts and improve judicial decision-making.
- Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s exceptional record as a judge and lawyer demonstrates that she is highly qualified for this nomination, and that she is committed to fairness, impartiality and equal justice for all.
- The Supreme Court is not working for all of us. To ensure equal justice, protect and advance civil rights, champion reproductive freedom and access to other health care, and protect voting rights for all, we need a fair-minded justice on the Supreme Court who will fight for everyone, not just special interests.
Want to engage more?
Check out our full list of advocacy actions to make history and confirm Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson!
There are lots of ways to get involved with AAUW’s work to advance gender equity. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of women and girls.