Workshop: Bullying and Cyber-bullying: A Community Concern
This workshop provided an opportunity to learn about how AAUW branches can develop programs on bullying, cyberbullying and sexual harassment. Participants heard how the AAUW Napa County Branch developed its program about bullying and cyberbullying. Participants also learned how AAUW branches have been using Crossing the Line: Sexual Harassment at School (2011) in their communities and which states have good models to follow. Participants took home valuable information to help their branches take a stand against harassment and bullying.
Resources for the “Bullying and Cyber-bullying: A Community Concern” workshop:
- Bullying and Cyberbullying: A Community Concern PowerPoint presentation
- Harassment slides PowerPoint presentation
- Bullying and Cyberbullying bookmark template in English (PDF)
- Bullying and Cyberbullying What to Do worksheet (PDF)
- Bullying and Cyberbullying reference list (PDF)
This workshop was originally presented at the AAUW 2013 National Convention by AAUW Napa County (CA) Branch members Sallyann Berendsen and Joy Barnes, AAUW Director of Research Catherine Hill, and former AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund Program Manager Holly Kearl.