Contribution Report Form (CRF)
The AAUW Contribution Report Form (CRF) is a document for branch and state leaders including funds chairs, finance chairs, treasurers, and presidents, to record and submit gifts. Use of this form ensures that donors get receipts for their tax-deductible contributions and branches get fundraising credit for their philanthropic work. This form can also be used to detail gifts made in honor or memory of an individual, or to provide any special notes.
For record-keeping purposes, make copies of this form for the branch and state contacts. Please mail completed form and contributions to the AAUW Development office at P.O. Box 98045, Washington, DC 20090-8045. Make checks payable to “AAUW” for tax-deductible contributions or to “AAUW Action Fund” for contributions that are not tax deductible.
- List the donor information (name and complete address) for each contribution submitted with this form. If the donor is a branch, state, or business, also include the name of a contact person. Indicate branch and state gifts in the Notes column. This information helps staff keep donor records updated and enables AAUW to send the tax receipt to the donor. Branches and states are also encouraged to send personalized thank-you notes to donors.
- Enter the gift amount. This amount must match the amount on the donor’s check or the branch check.
- Enter the fund code number for the contribution. If the donor does not specify where the contribution should be applied, AAUW considers it an unrestricted gift to the AAUW Fund (9110). See the attached list of fund names and numbers by program area.
- Enter the branch and state to be credited. All AAUW branch member donations are credited to the member’s primary branch and state. If a donor wishes to credit another branch or state instead of her or his primary branch, list that branch name or code number. If the donation is from a branch, the branch will receive credit automatically.
- Add notes to inform staff of special instructions regarding this gift. (For example, “This contribution is in memory or honor of someone;” “Send this donor a pin;” “This donor has already received a pin.”) If the gift is in memory or honor of someone please include the address so a notification can be mailed to the recipient.
- Verify that the checks submitted equal the amount of contributions listed.
- You may want to keep one copy for your branch records and another copy for your state records.
- Mail the completed form and contributions to the AAUW Development Department, P.O. Box 98045, Washington, DC 20090-8045. Contributions must be submitted within 30 days of receipt.