Volunteer Application for National Committees and Task Forces
Do you want to take an active role in AAUW’s work and growth? Apply for a volunteer position on an AAUW committee! We are looking for enthusiastic and responsible leaders to share their experience in a formal position within the organization.
Committee members will be appointed by the national board for a two-year term beginning July 1, 2018, with the option to be reappointed for an additional two-year term. Applicants may apply for no more than two committees. The application must include a reference with email or phone number. Please ensure that the reference is notified of the listing prior to submitting your application.
Thank you for your interest in serving on an AAUW national committee. The application deadline has passed. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Roberta Travis by email or call 202.785.7710.
Committee 2018–20 Composition and Vacancies
- Audit Committee: 4 members, 2 vacancies. Quarterly time commitment includes 10–12 hours of conference calls for audit; 16–20 hours of conference calls for RFP year (every 4–5 years), including audit. Work requirements include financials and audit report reviews (drafts, final), engagement with Finance Committee, RFP development and auditor selection participation, and calls as required with AAUW staff and committee members.
- Finance Committee: 6 members, 1 vacancy. Four to 8 conference calls a year plus approximately 4 hours a month and additional assignments.
- Governance Committee: 10 members, 4 vacancies. Monthly conference calls plus subcommittee work; approximately 5–10 hours a month.
- Investment Committee: 6 members, 2 vacancies. Four to 6 conference calls a year plus approximately four hours a month.
- Branch Program Resources Committee: 8 members, 3 vacancies. Monthly conference calls plus subcommittee work and phoning; approximately 4–6 hours a month.
- College/University Committee: 12 members, 8 vacancies. Six to 8 conference calls a year plus additional assignments; approximately 5 hours a month.
- Fundraising Committee: 10 members, 7 vacancies. Monthly conference calls of 60–90 minutes each plus additional assignments; approximately 2–4 hours a month.
- Inclusion and Equity Committee: 10 members, 1 vacancy. Six to 8 conference calls year plus additional assignments; approximately 5 hours a month.
- Legal Advocacy Fund Committee: 11 members, 5 vacancies. Three to 5 conference calls a year with considerable amount of preparation before each call. Reviewing cases and requests for funding before each call takes approximately 3–5 hours, depending on the complexity of the cases. The request to review generally is sent to the committee a few days before the scheduled call.
- Membership Committee: 9 members, 3 vacancies. Participate in 4 conference calls per year, subgroup planning work as needed, and additional assignments.
- Public Policy Committee: 12 members, 5 vacancies. Monthly committee calls as needed. Also required to conduct state outreach, join state public policy committee calls, and remain up-to-date on AAUW public policy issues.