AAUW Position Description: College/University Representatives at Member Institution
College/university (C/U) representatives are appointed by an AAUW college/university member institution to serve as the liaison between students and AAUW on campus.
- Respond to and initiate communications with AAUW at national state and branch levels.
- Disseminate information about faculty, staff, and student benefits related to your school’s membership to appropriate campus offices and academic departments.
- Regularly disseminate information and plan specific methods to recruit students to join AAUW as an e-student affiliate. Methods for recruitment could include sending out e-mails to student lists, sharing with colleagues, social media, information tables, or during programs or classes.
- Encourage campus participation in AAUW programs such as the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders , Start Smart, and other initiatives.
- Respond to outreach initiated by AAUW in an attempt to meet the needs of your institution using AAUW resources.
- Inform the AAUW national office of new contact information when it changes.
Please contact AAUW at 800.326.2289 or email email@example.com if you have any questions about the C/U representative role. When you undertake one of the activities above, or for assistance strategizing ways to best utilize AAUW benefits and programs, please contact AAUW’s manager of college/university relationship so we can highlight your successes and offer a model for other representatives.
Answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about AAUW college/university membership.
This webinar was especially designed for college/university representatives who want to learn more about their role, the benefits of C/U membership, and resources available to them.
This guide will help new and experienced C/U representatives step up into this role and stand out as leaders on campus.