AAUW Fellowships and Grants Tool Kit
AAUW provides more than $3.7 million in funding per year to outstanding women and nonprofit organizations. Member leaders can be ambassadors for the fellowships and grants programs to attract diverse candidates. Branches can also connect with local recipients to hold engaging programs, help recipients create strong networks, and support AAUW’s work. E-mail email@example.com to request contact information.
Spread the Word about AAUW’s Fellowships & Grants Programs
AAUW is one of the world’s largest sources of funding for women, providing fellowships and grants through six highly competitive programs. Applications are available annually from August 1 through January 15 with varying deadlines. Share these programs and deadlines with your networks, and encourage women and community organizations to apply for an AAUW fellowship or grant!
- American Fellowships
- Career Development Grants
- Community Action Grants
- International Fellowships
- International Project Grants (open to alumnae only)
- Selected Professions Fellowships
AAUW fellows and grantees are change makers in their communities. Energize your members in publicizing AAUW’s fellowships and grants.
- Share the history of AAUW’s fellows and grantees with your branch with an interactive online museum exhibit and a commemorative video.
- Follow @AAUWFellowships on Twitter to stay up to date with the latest news about the achievements of current and past recipients.
- Check out the Following the Fellows blog posts, which profile alumnae who are making a difference in their communities. Pass along the highlights to your members!
Connect with a Recipient
Recipients make great speakers for your events, and many are eager to get involved in local branches. Use the online directory to view the full list of recipients and to locate recipients in your community. AAUW branch and state leaders can access the contact information for local recipients at the start of the award year. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request contact information.
Once you know which recipients are in your community, read our resource for getting fellows and grantees involved in your branch.
Are you a sponsor wanting to find out more about the fellow or grantee your contribution is supporting? You can search the directory by sponsor or recipient name.
AAUW’s fellowships and grants would not be possible without the generous contributions of members past and present. Here are a few ways that you can offer meaningful support. Be sure to share them with your branch:
- Contribute your time and expertise to review fellowship and grant applications on a national selection panel.
- Nominate a leader in your community for the biennial Eleanor Roosevelt Fund Award. Nominations are accepted in the fall of even-numbered years.
- Donate to help AAUW support women and girls through all of our programs.
Recipients make great speakers at branch programs, and they’re often looking for ways to engage with AAUW locally.
Learn how to use AAUW’s program assessment tool to help you make sure you hold programming that engages your members, builds your branch, and is mission based.
AAUW’s national campus leadership programs are great tools to help you connect to local students, and now is the time to start getting involved!