9-11

Where were you? That’s the question greeting a lot of us today and stories are being shared in remembrance and honor of the memory of those who died on September […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   6 Comments   |   September 11, 2008

College Students — This Is for You

When I was in college, I didn’t look for leadership opportunities beyond what was offered on my campus, but I wish I had, especially when I joined AAUW’s staff and […] Read more »

Blog   |   Leadership   |   August 28, 2008

Inspired by Class Action

I just finished reading Class Action: The Story of Lois Jenson and the Landmark Case That Changed Sexual Harassment Law, by Clara Bingham and Laura Leedy Gansler, and it was […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   3 Comments   |   August 20, 2008

Army Wives

Someone told me this show was worth watching at least once, given my Army background. My mother and grandmother were military wives, and I was definitely an “Army brat.” As […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   2 Comments   |   August 04, 2008

Rolling Down the River

At 4 a.m. one night last week, in a fit of sleeplessness, I couldn’t help drawing some parallels between a recent tubing adventure and a seminar we co-hosted at AAUW. […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   July 16, 2008

The Impact of a Goat

Recently I read an uplifting article about Beatrice Biira, the real-life subject of the best-selling book Beatrice’s Goat. After a donated goat from Heifer International allowed her family to raise […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   July 09, 2008

A Few (More) Good Books

Yesterday’s post featured some summer reading recommendations from AAUW staff members. Here are a few more of our picks, this time from AAUW’s ¡Adelante! Book of the Month Club, including […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   6 Comments   |   July 08, 2008

Sex and the City

When you walk into a good bookstore, you often see those “Staff Recommendation” tags under certain books. I find myself drawn to those, especially when I’m in a hurry, and […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   2 Comments   |   July 07, 2008

What Women Want

Well, I’m a woman and I know what I want, would my answer be sufficient? While it works for me, I can guarantee it wouldn’t work for my colleague, my […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   1 Comments   |   June 30, 2008

Racing for a Cure

A little over five years ago, I whispered to my godmother that she was going to be a great-godmother again. Other than my husband, she was the only one who […] Read more »

Blog   |   Leadership   |   4 Comments   |   June 05, 2008