Dreams to Reality

Note: The author of this post, Laura, is currently serving as an AAUW Campus Action Project student team member at Alfred University in New York. One of seven 2007–2008 Campus […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   1 Comments   |   April 19, 2008

Sexual Assault Awareness Month

April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and reading about Take Back the Night rallies and Clothesline projects occurring around the country reminds me of an empowering experience I had as […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   April 11, 2008

I Have a Dream

What powerful images the words “I have a dream” bring to mind as the nation honors the legacy of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., on the 40th anniversary of […] Read more »

Blog   |   Education & Training   |   7 Comments   |   April 04, 2008

Money Can Buy You Happiness

What was that Beatles song? Something to the effect that money can’t buy you love … but a new study published in the journal Science reports that money can buy […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   3 Comments   |   March 27, 2008

Visitors from Iraq

As part of a weeklong tour to learn about American higher education programs, nine Iraqi university administrators and deans visited AAUW this week. At a meeting led by Gloria Blackwell, […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   1 Comments   |   March 26, 2008

Equity in the News 3-25-08

Women in Virginia earn 67 cents for every $1 men earn, about a dime less than the national average. Professionals in Maryville (MO) were converged upon by 54 eighth-grade girls during […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   March 25, 2008

Girls and STEM Education

Do you ever wonder what types of events other AAUW branches put on? This weekend I visited the AAUW Buffalo (NY) Branch for their third-annual Tech Savvy event. The day […] Read more »

Blog   |   Education & Training   |   2 Comments   |   March 21, 2008

I Hadn’t Thought About It

A typical response, if you’ve tried to recruit a male as an AAUW member. For most men, thoughts of joining a women’s organization are quickly dismissed. After all, how can […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   3 Comments   |   March 19, 2008

Inspiring Women: Part 1

On March 1, Christy Jones asked our blog readers to share a story about a woman who inspires them in honor of Women’s History Month. We’ve asked AAUW staff and […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   March 04, 2008

Equity in the News 2-29-08

AAUW in the News Read about the ten best and worst states for pay equity. AAUW members learn tips for living a more environmentally-friendly life. Over four hundred middle school […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   March 03, 2008