The Impact of a Goat

Recently I read an uplifting article about Beatrice Biira, the real-life subject of the best-selling book Beatrice’s Goat. After a donated goat from Heifer International allowed her family to raise […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   July 09, 2008

A Few (More) Good Books

Yesterday’s post featured some summer reading recommendations from AAUW staff members. Here are a few more of our picks, this time from AAUW’s ¡Adelante! Book of the Month Club, including […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   6 Comments   |   July 08, 2008

Sex and the City

When you walk into a good bookstore, you often see those “Staff Recommendation” tags under certain books. I find myself drawn to those, especially when I’m in a hurry, and […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   2 Comments   |   July 07, 2008

What Women Want

Well, I’m a woman and I know what I want, would my answer be sufficient? While it works for me, I can guarantee it wouldn’t work for my colleague, my […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   1 Comments   |   June 30, 2008

Racing for a Cure

A little over five years ago, I whispered to my godmother that she was going to be a great-godmother again. Other than my husband, she was the only one who […] Read more »

Blog   |   Leadership   |   4 Comments   |   June 05, 2008

What I Learned at NCCWSL

This guest blog is by Ijeoma Nwatu, an intern in the AAUW Communications Department. She is a senior at George Mason University, where she is majoring in public administration with […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   June 04, 2008

Politics & Religion

While browsing headlines during my morning commute, I read that today in 1953, Queen Elizabeth II of Britain was crowned queen. It’s interesting to remember that many monarchies over the […] Read more »

Blog   |   Leadership   |   June 02, 2008

Talking About Where the Girls Are

We’re glad AAUW’s recent research report is getting so much coverage and is generating some positive, thoughtful discussion. That visibility is critical to solving the issues brought to light in […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   May 22, 2008

NARAL Backlash: Choose and Lose?

On Wednesday, the NARAL Pro-Choice America PAC endorsed Sen. Barack Obama. By the time I left work eight hours later, over 1200 comments had been posted on their blog about […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   14 Comments   |   May 15, 2008

Social Responsibility

This article was written from the floor of the Global Summit for Social Responsibility (ASAE and the Center for Association Leadership). It’s invigorating to be among other associations focused on […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   3 Comments   |   May 02, 2008