AAUW Outlook Magazine
Subscribe to AAUW Outlook magazine to get in-depth coverage of the most pressing issues that women face today, from the gender pay gap to human trafficking. Find out the latest in feminist news and how you can get involved. Join AAUW to enjoy this award-winning, triannual magazine.
Isn’t It Time for Paid Parental Leave?
It’s not just Scandinavia that has better maternity leave than we do. It’s every industrialized country on the planet.
The Child Care Conundrum
Do you have a bundle of joy — or several — at home? Congratulations. Now you get to fork over college-tuition-sized payments for child care whose quality no one can guarantee. Read more »
No Kids? No Problem
More women are saying no thanks to having kids. Why is child-free, for some, the way to be? Read more »
Elder Care and Work-Life Imbalance
Caring for elderly parents is becoming another full-time job for many workers.
Also in this Issue
- AAUW members started preschools in the early 20th century to provide child care for working moms, and some branches still operate schools today.
- Spread women’s suffrage history with a new learning tool that uses AAUW archives.
- This spring, students all over the country highlighted sexual assault on their college campuses.
- President Barack Obama signed executive orders on Equal Pay Day to give women pay protections.
- Lilly Ledbetter’s story of pay discrimination is hitting the big screen.
Outlook on the Web
|It’s never too early to be a Title IX Champion. Just ask these teenagers.|
|Thanks, Mr. President! AAUW staff celebrated when the president signed two executive orders to help women fight for fair pay.|
|Keep calm and fight the patriarchy. The new Younger Women’s Task Force T-shirt is a hit.|