AAUW is Looking for a Website Production Intern
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
The Website Production Intern will have the opportunity to hone the skills it takes to maintain website and digital communications for a progressive nonprofit and association. This position will work closely with IT, marketing, social media, and editorial teams on various aspects of production. The internship requires a 16 to 17 week commitment, preferably full-time.
- Support the online team in daily tasks of producing, posting, and promoting online content.
- Assist with day-to-day maintenance for more than 500 branch and state websites delivered through the AAUW Site Resources program.
- Assist with tracking incoming web production requests and guiding them through planning and execution.
- Support members in the creation, migration, and deployment of content from staging to production. Assist members to improve website structure and navigation and to improve user experience.
- Draft and publish content for homepage features, infographics, articles, pages, and blogs on aauw.org and related website properties.
- Curate and draft marketing content for clients to integrate into websites and newsletters.
- Assist with maintenance, proofing links (internal and external), researching images, browser and device tests.
- Conduct audits to ensure content and user experience is best practice compliant, including SEO, naming conventions, brand guidelines, tagging, and testing for quality assurance.
- Develop short video- and text-based training materials to help clients maintain their websites.
- Attend weekly online content meetings to understand content’s role in the larger web marketing strategy.
- Help answer questions from AAUW staff and members about online communications.
- Passionate about women’s equality and AAUW’s mission.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML and CSS, AND use of a content management system, preferably WordPress. Proficiency with Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience with Google® Analytics
- Understanding of best practices and industry standards for online writing and/or web design.
- Proficiency with image-editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and copy-editing skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, plan and meet tight deadlines, and work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, highly organized, and detail oriented.
Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by e-mail indicating position title to AAUW Human Resources at email@example.com.