AAUW is Looking for a Senior Manager in Planned Giving
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
The AAUW Development Department seeks a full-time Senior Manager in Planned Giving. This position is responsible for revenue generation of the association by managing and implementing all major and planned giving including stewardship and recognition programs, donor and estate outreach, and events.
Program Initiatives and Management
- Create clear short and long-term plans to develop and implement AAUW’s comprehensive gift planning program including: Legacy Circle, bequests, charitable gift annuities, trusts, life insurance, charitable lead trusts, and other planned giving vehicles.
- Manage AAUW’s bequest administration program, including acknowledgments of gifts and document preparation.
- Develop and manage planned giving budget and fundraising goals.
- Administer and research disputed gifts and collaborate with outside counsel as required to provide case support.
- Manage Legacy Circle National Chair relationships including regular communication and monthly calls to engender new ideas and support for Legacy Circle.
- Manage the production of the Planned Giving newsletter with outside vendor.
- Prepare charitable gift annuity illustrations, letters, and contracts.
- Manage AAUW’s charitable gift annuity reports to the required states.
- Supervise Major and Planned Giving Associate.
Donor Stewardship and Outreach
- Manage Planned Giving donor cultivation and stewardship by ensuring that all internal recording processes are developed and adequate to support the expanded fundraising program.
- Develop and maintain strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective Planned Giving donors through regular communication via mail, telephone, and email, and occasional personal visits.
- Manage administration of the Legacy Circle and other recognition and stewardship programs, including marketing, recognition, and event planning.
- Develop and implement Planned Giving donor stewardship and recognition programs and events (including those at the AAUW biennial national convention) in collaboration with Directors of Development department and top management.
- Law degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in successful fundraising and/or project.management – including managing a project from beginning to end, meeting goals and deadlines, and working within budget allocations.
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of Planned Giving.
- Proven track record in coordinating planned giving and major gifts program to support charitable and/or advocacy needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships. Ability to effectively present information and respond to requests from donors, attorneys, financial advisors and general AAUW membership and staff.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, writing, and research skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- High degree of proficiency with computers and computer programs – particularly Microsoft Office and fundraising software such as Crescendo, and Raiser’s Edge.
- Strict adherence and knowledge of generally accepted fundraising policies, standards and values, and the AFP Code of Ethics.
- Ability to travel (up to 40%).
- Experience working in a complex environment. Position requires a high level of confidentiality.
Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, along with salary requirements and a relevant writing sample, by e-mail indicating position title to email@example.com.