AAUW is Looking for a Fellowships and Grants Intern
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
AAUW’s Fellowships and Grants Department seeks an intern to assist in the development of the AAUW Fellowship and Grants programs for current and former recipients. The intern will work with staff to help establish programs and tools that will be used to connect current and former AAUW award recipients with each other and the larger AAUW Community. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, strong organizational skills, and interest in data management.
- Conduct online research to find updated information on former recipients.
- Assist in analyzing data collected from alumnae through online surveys, helping to determine ways to utilize the information collected and measure long-term impact of AAUW’s fellowships and grants programs.
- Make updates to alumnae contact information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist Fellowships and Grants staff with projects relating to fellowship and grant application process.
- Help create stories and profiles for online and print publication, highlighting alumnae .accomplishments and professional progress.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of electronic newsletter.
- Support social media efforts to engage current recipients and alumnae.
- Perform other related/comparable duties as required and assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Available to work a minimum of 20 hours/week.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good writing skills.
Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by e-mail indicating position title to AAUW Human Resources at email@example.com.