AAUW is Looking for an Educational Events Manager
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
Manage large and small scale events for the AAUW Leadership Programs and Campus Initiatives department. Large scale events include the program design and implementation of annual National Conference of College Women Student Leaders and AAUW 2020 Convention. Manage program staff, interns, and volunteer committees assigned to events. Oversee logistics, technical details and process flow for all registration programs.
- Direct management of annual National Conference of College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL) and of AAUW’s 2020 Convention — Serve as the contact, committee liaison, and manager for the development and implementation of these two 800-attendee conferences.
- Develop and manage budgets for NCCWSL and Convention.
- Lead committees, volunteers, and appropriate AAUW staff to manage all phases of conference planning and execution including registration, program design, event technology, on-site direction/production, workshop sourcing, speaker and awardee sourcing, evaluations, special/VIP events, and post-conference communications.
- Engage volunteer committees in planning and execution of events, along with monitoring completion of assigned committee tasks. Redesign committee structure as needed to best serve events.
- Manage collaboration on all aspects of event from high level strategy to event details, engaging with departments across the organization to ensure successful completion of tasks.
- Lead marketing and communications for the event by working with editorial and marketing staff to design overall strategy, manage timelines, and coordinate the writing, editing, and distribution of content on a variety of media channels including social media. Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with external vendors, conference service providers, and consultants.
- Maintain and update project timeline, monitor progress of project tasks, and regularly engage upper level management.
- Negotiate and resolve problems as they arise with all event stakeholders.
- Manage and implement growth plans for the conferences.
- Integrate event with other AAUW programs and departments.
- Provide managerial oversight for events program associate (who oversees small scale event (less than 200 attendees) include Empower: Young Professional Events, AAUW Panel Discussions (like the Stand Up to Sexism Campaign talks), etc.)
- Advise on logistics and communications for non-LPCI led events
- Consult with AAUW departments as needed to encourage adoption of best practices in event management for all AAUW events.
- Perform other related/comparable duties as required and assigned.
- Manage one direct report and one indirect intern.
- Ability to supervise and delegate appropriate responsibilities to designated staff.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
- Experience with developing and managing a budget.
- Bachelor’s degree with five years of work experience in programming, event logistics, project management tools and techniques, and event/meeting design.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills including extensive experience building and executing project plans from start to finish.
- Experience with registration software and event app software or demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Experienced in planning collaborative, learning-focused meetings.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities including presentation skills and the ability to conduct meetings and balance concerns of various constituents.
- Experience working with and “managing” volunteers and committees.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, as part of a team, and effectively with colleagues, external partners, and volunteers, including volunteer leaders.
- Management experience with at least one direct report.
- Experience working in highly collaborative, consensus-based environments
- Knowledge and commitment in women’s equity issues and campus programming.
Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email indicating position title to email@example.com.