AAUW is Looking for a Development Intern
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
This part-time intern will work as part of the Major and Planned Giving department, taking ownership of assigned projects. This intern will gain a broad set of skills while learning how nonprofits fundraising departments operate. This position is budgeted to 15 hours each week.
- Work closely with staff to accomplish departmental priorities
- Assist with the ongoing major gifts campaign, conducting research and preparing materials
- Utilize the Raiser’s Edge database to research and track donor information
- Assist with donor cultivation and stewardship efforts and events
- Perform other related/comparable duties as assigned
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree, or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, writing, and research skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High degree of proficiency with computers and computer programs – particularly Microsoft Office
- Interest in equity for women and girls and/or other related social justice issues preferred
Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by e-mail indicating position title to AAUW Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.