AAUW is Looking for a Campus Leadership Programs Intern
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
AAUW’s Campus Leadership Programs Department seeks one summer part-time intern to work 25-30 hours/week. The internship is 12 weeks from May 18th to August 7th. Applicants should apply if interested in campus programming and passionate about the advancement and empowerment of women and girls.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and promotion of AAUW Campus Leadership Programs including Campus Action Projects, Student Advisory Council, AAUW Student Organizations, the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL) and other AAUW branch programming;
- Attend various staff meetings and external events as a representative of AAUW;
- Develop content for the AAUW blog and write updates for AAUW publications as it relates to AAUW Campus Leadership Programs;
- Create content and assist with the management of AAUW Campus Leadership social media;
- Complete data entry and organization as assigned;
- Assemble and update program models for student and college/university activities, and women’s leadership resources;
- Answer requests from AAUW members regarding campus leadership programming issues, and track AAUW member activity on those issues;
- Other related activities as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Linked In.
- Demonstrated history of creativity, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, strong sense of self-direction and independence.
- A strong commitment to women’s equity and empowerment.
- Interest in higher education and working with colleges and universities nationwide.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, as part of a team, and effectively with colleagues, external partners, and volunteers, including volunteer leaders.
- Detail oriented and organized with capability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience with database management is preferred.
- Good sense of humor.
Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, along with a 1-2 page writing sample and 2 references to email@example.com.