AAUW Jobs and Internships
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. Our dedicated staff serves a diverse community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance. JOIN US!
The AAUW office is located near the McPherson Square Metro station in Washington, D.C.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Field Director
- Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF) Project Manager
- Major Gift & Planned Giving Manager
- Major Gift & Planned Giving Associate
- Senior Website Associate
Spring 2017 Internships
Interns are paid an hourly wage.
- Campus Leadership Programs
- Fellowships and Grants
- Branch Relations and Membership Engagement
- Public Policy and Government Relations
- Website Production
Submit a résumé with cover letter by e-mail indicating position title to AAUW Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Intern applicants should e-mail email@example.com. View a specific job description for more details.
- AAUW does not accept unsolicited resumes/applications for employment.
- Cover letters and/or application must specify the position title.
- Unfortunately, due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to accept telephone calls in reference to the listed positions.
- We are unable to provide interview/relocations costs.
- We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity.
AAUW offers to its regular, full-time employees an array of benefits, including:
- health and dental insurance plans
- life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- short-term (std) and long-term disability (ltd) insurance
- annual, personal, sick leave, and paid holidays
- TIAA-CREF retirement & savings plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- reduced gym membership and wellness programs
- flexible health and dependent care savings plans
- tuition assistance
- employee-assistance program
- Metro Smartbenefits
Eligible employees may elect to participate in several benefit programs including our medical, dental, life, short- and long-term disability insurance plans, and two retirement program. Health, disability, and life programs are effective the first day of the month following date of hire. Eligible employees also may establish dependent care and medical expense accounts on a pre-tax basis. AAUW provides a transit subsidy and employees may purchase Smart Benefits up to established maximums on a pre-tax basis. In addition, we offer a wellness program. Schedules for many of our positions are flexible; business casual dress and a metro-accessible location add to AAUW’s attractiveness as an employer.
Since 1881, AAUW has been one of the nation’s leading voices promoting education and equity for women and girls. AAUW has a nationwide network of more than 170,000 members and supporters across the United States, as well as 1,000 local branches and over 800 college and university partners. Since AAUW’s founding more than 130 years ago, members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. AAUW’s commitment to educational equity is reflected in its public policy advocacy, community programs, leadership development, conventions and conferences, national partnerships, and international connections.