Be an AAUW Salary Negotiation Facilitator
For certified facilitators
Current AAUW Start Smart and AAUW Work Smart facilitators can access password-protected workshop materials now, including a workshop script, workbook, and presentation slides.
Want to help close the gender pay gap? Then empower women to negotiate their salaries. AAUW Work Smart and AAUW Start Smart workshops do just that, and you can teach these invaluable skills to women in your community by signing up to be a facilitator.
The success of Work Smart and Start Smart relies on a team of trained facilitators who are eager to teach participants about pay equity and salary negotiation strategies using our research-based curricula and materials. Meet some of our fantastic facilitators!
3 Easy Steps to Become a Facilitator
1. Register for a training.
Here’s a schedule of upcoming training webinars:
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 4:00pm-5:30pm ET
- Thursday, January 19, 2017, 11:00am-12:30pm ET
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 11:00am-12:30pm ET
- Thursday, February 16, 2017, 8:00pm-9:30pm ET
- Thursday, March 2, 2017, 11:00am-12:30pm ET
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 4:00pm-5:30pm ET
- Thursday, April 6, 2017, 8:00pm-9:30pm ET
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 11:00am-12:30pm ET
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 4:00pm-5:30pm ET
- Thursday, May 18, 2017, 11:00am-12:30pm ET
2. Pay a $50 training fee.
Are you an AAUW member or previously trained facilitator? Your fee is waived! (Interested in becoming part of the AAUW community and getting your fee waived as well? You can become an AAUW member right now.)
3. Come back each year.
Facilitate one workshop per year, and attend one refresh webinar each year to remain in good standing.Register now
Read the FAQ to learn more.
What You’ll Learn
- Details about the gender pay gap and why negotiation skills are especially important for women.
- How to present AAUW Start Smart and AAUW Work Smart curricula in an engaging way.
- How to collaborate with workshop sites to successfully market and put on a workshop.
- Facilitation and speaking skills that will translate to other areas of your professional life.