Know Your Rights at Work
Laws exist to protect employees from discrimination and harassment. The rights of employees are protected by federal, state, and local laws, as well as by common law, for discriminatory or illegal behavior by their employers. But how can you ensure that your rights are protected in the workplace?
Workplace Rights Weekly
Topic of the Week
Inside Job: Turning a Seasonal Job into Permanent Employment
This reminds me of Marlon Brando. Widely considered one of the best actors of his generation, he still had to audition for his role in the Godfather, mainly because he was considered difficult by the studio. After his successful audition, he went on to wi
Blog of the Week
Today is International Human Rights Day, which commemorates the day in 1948 the U.N. General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Thought for the Week
""Victory belongs to the most persevering.""
List of the Week
Interviewers Say the Darndest Things: Real Interviewer Questions
- "How would you cure world hunger." Amazon
- "Interview me and then tell me if you'd hire me." ThoughtWorks
- "How would you get an elephant into a refrigerator?" HGP
- "What is more necessary, skill or will?" Unisys
Top Five News Headlines
- Lockheed Settles $1.3 Billion 401k Suit as Trial Loomed
- UPDATE 2-Unions, retirees sue to block Chicago pension changes
- Walmart Must Pay $188 Million to Settle Claims of Cut Rest Breaks
- Why Workers Undervalue Traditional Pension Plans
- A Growing Economic Recovery Bypasses Low-Wage Workers and Their Tables