Know Your Rights at Work
Laws exist to protect employees from discrimination and harassment. The rights of employees are protected by federal, state, and local laws, as well as by common law, for discriminatory or illegal behavior by their employers. But how can you ensure that your rights are protected in the workplace?
Workplace Rights Weekly
Topic of the Week
Search And You Shall Find: Working With a Search Firm:
Looking for work seems like the ultimate go-it-alone experience. But it often doesn't have to be, there are resources out there dedicated to helping you. For example, staff at the unemployment office, career placement staff at your university, staff with
Blog of the Week
Thought for the Week
"Corporations no longer try to fit square pegs into round holes; they just fit them into square cubicles."
List of the Week
from Dr. Frank Luntz
Phrases That Work (And One That Doesn't)
- 'Imagine' is still the most powerful word in the English language.
- 'No excuses.' No phrase better conveys accountability, responsibility and transparency.
- 'I get it.' Short, sweet and effective.
- 'If you remember only one thing...' is the surest way to guarantee that people will remember the one point that matters most to you.
- 'Uncompromising Integrity.' Of all the truthiness words, none is as powerful as 'integrity,' but in today's cynical environment, don't expect it to take you very far.
Top Five News Headlines