Know Your Rights at Work
Laws exist to protect employees from discrimination and harassment. The rights of employees are protected by federal, state, and local laws, as well as by common law, for discriminatory or illegal behavior by their employers. But how can you ensure that your rights are protected in the workplace?
Workplace Rights Weekly
Topic of the Week
Dealing With Distractions
Blogs, texts and apps are just some of the things enticing us to play hooky instead of getting work done. Here are four tips to help you remain focused.
Blog of the Week
The Pope's visit to the USA this week comes just two months before pivotal UN climate talks that could lead to a global climate agreement. Climate change will be high on his agenda in planned addresses to the UN and Congress, and it is likely that one of his central concerns will be the economy.
Thought for the Week
"You can always find a distraction if you're looking for one."
List of the Week
from Brent O'Brian
Just Reading This Will Stress You Out: Top Stressors At Work
- Misaligned responsibilities
- Lack of prioritization
- Time management issues
- Inappropriate workloads
- Unrealistic expectations
Top Five News Headlines
- In first case of term, Supreme Court considers international obligations
- BP settlement will cost $20.8 billion, Justice Department says
- Lawsuit alleges Kansas City airline pilot lost job after misdiagnosis for mental disorder
- W.Va. court considers immunity in ex-school chief's suit
- Metro faces federal takeover