Know Your Rights at Work
Laws exist to protect employees from discrimination and harassment. The rights of employees are protected by federal, state, and local laws, as well as by common law, for discriminatory or illegal behavior by their employers. But how can you ensure that your rights are protected in the workplace?
Workplace Rights Weekly
Topic of the Week
How Visible Should You Be Online?
Who has time for Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, work AND a life? You do. This week, we have tips on how to juggle it all.
Blog of the Week
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau can finally continue a crucial study on the effects of forced arbitration on consumers.
Thought for the Week
"If you don't trust your employees to tweet freely, it's an employee or leadership issue, not an employee Twitter policy issue."
–Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos Shoes.
List of the Week
Color Me Successful: Hiring Managers Tell Us What Colors Tell Them
• Black - Leadership
• Blue - Team Player
• Gray - Logical/Analytical
• White - Organized
• Brown - Dependable
• Red - Power
• Green, Yellow, Orange or Purple - all four colors were associated with Creative
Top Five News Headlines
- Metro Transit workers reject wage freeze
- Workers strike Lear plant in Hammond, Indiana
- Workzone: Whistle-blower obstacles growing
- TGI Fridays served with class-action lawsuit
- Federal Appeals Court Certifies Class Action Against Allstate Insurance Company in Wage Case That Could Exceed $200 Million Dollars