Know Your Rights at Work
Laws exist to protect employees from discrimination and harassment. The rights of employees are protected by federal, state, and local laws, as well as by common law, for discriminatory or illegal behavior by their employers. But how can you ensure that your rights are protected in the workplace?
Workplace Rights Weekly
Topic of the Week
The Meet Market
Meetings can and should be productive endeavors that foster a sense of camaraderie. How, you ask? Read on.
Blog of the Week
On the eve of the Jewish high holy days of Passover, union leaders and Jewish labor activists in Philadelphia and beyond are ramping up efforts to defeat a plan by one of the area's small private religious schools to bust its teachers union.
Thought for the Week
"An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. "
List of the Week
Color Me Successful: Hiring Managers Tell Us What Colors Tell Them
• Black - Leadership
• Blue - Team Player
• Gray - Logical/Analytical
• White - Organized
• Brown - Dependable
• Red - Power
• Green, Yellow, Orange or Purple - all four colors were associated with Creative
Top Five News Headlines
- Florida High Court Rules Pregnancy Protected by Gender Law (1)
- Justice Department Settles Immigration-Related Discrimination Claim Against Potter Concrete
- About 400 Chicago concrete truck drivers go on strike
- Effort to protect farmworkers from sexual assault gaining momentum
- Some exempted from minimum wage, increased or not