LAF Campus Outreach Program Grant
Need money for a social justice event on campus? AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF) Campus Outreach grants fund your campus activism.
AAUW’s Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF) works to challenge sex discrimination in higher education and beyond. LAF Campus Outreach grants support events, programs and resources that educate campuses around issues that affect Title IX and women’s equity. AAUW student organizations, AAUW branches, or Younger Women’s Task Force (YWTF) chapters can apply for up to $750 to take action around AAUW’s issues on a college campus.
Previous projects have fought for fair pay and combatted campus sexual assault. You can help students, faculty and staff on your campus know their rights by planning an engaging campus event or program that tackles AAUW policy issues.
Grant applications must be submitted and funded in the same fiscal year in which the event takes place. AAUW’s fiscal year ends June 30. Applicants may only receive this grant once per fiscal year.
Examples of ways to use the
AAUW LAF Campus Outreach grant
- Postage, shipping, or courier service
- Photocopying or duplicating
- Office supplies
- Audiovisual materials
- Project-related telephone costs
- Transportation and professional fees or honoraria for speakers
- Meals, food, or beverages for project-related activities
- Advertising, publicity, or graphic design expenses
- Equipment purchases
- Temporary hourly clerical help
- AAUW workshops
- AAUW speaker stipends or travel
- Salaries or stipends for anyone on the Campus Outreach Grant team
- Higher education scholarships for students or participants
- Lobbying or partisan activities
- Religious purposes
- Fundraising activities
- Conference fees or costs
- Building funds, construction, or renovations
- Travel expenses for activities not within the scope of the project
- Overhead or general operating expenses for any organization
- Personal expenses, shelter, life insurance, or medical/health insurance
- Previous expenditures, deficits, or loans
- Creating or providing grants to other organizations
- Copyright or attorney fees
AAUW reviews applications quarterly. Make sure to submit your application before 11:59 p.m. PT on the date it’s due. Applicants can expect to hear from AAUW within two weeks of the application deadline.