AAUW Student Organization Leader Tool Kit
AAUW student organizations are continuing AAUW’s legacy of campus activism by changing campus climates across the country. Student organization members create community and take action around AAUW’s policy issues to empower and advance women and girls. Use this tool kit as a step-by-step guide for forming, programming, promoting, and engaging your student organization on your campus.
Form Your Student Organization
Just getting started? Learn how to bring an AAUW student organization to your campus.
All AAUW student organization leaders are required to be AAUW student affiliates. Undergraduate students at AAUW college/university partner member schools can sign up for free.
After you establish your student organization on campus, recruiting interested and passionate students should be first on your to-do list. These resources can help you build a strong network on campus.
- How to Recruit Members for Your AAUW Student Organization
- How to Table
- E-Student Affiliate Online Application
- Join the AAUW Student Organization Facebook Group
- Plan Your Year with AAUW’s Events and Deadlines Calendar
- Budgets and Funding: What Your Student Org Needs to Know
- How to Create Engaging AAUW Campus Programming
- AAUW Student Organization Share and Learn Webinar
Promote Your Organization
Gaining visibility on campus for your student organization is important. These resources will help your student organization stand out on campus.
- AAUW’s Brand Guidelines
- AAUW Social Media 101
- Best practices for using photos online and in print
- Print It, Share It: AAUW’s New $10 Bills for Equal Pay
If you haven’t received your customized AAUW student organization logo yet, e-mail email@example.com.
Know the Issues
AAUW supports policy issues that advocate for the advancement of women and girls. AAUW student organizations have the flexibility to raise awareness about their favorite feminist issues. These resources will help you take action on some of our most popular issues.
- Fight for Fair Pay
- Learn about the Gender Pay Gap
- How to “Celebrate” Equal Pay Day
- Webinar: What to Do for Equal Pay Day 2016 on Your Campus
Campus Sexual Assault
Voter Education and Registration
Be an Advocate
- A Strong Showing: Making a Rally Uber Effective
- How to Get the Whole World to Sign Your Petition
- When to Write a Letter to the Editor versus an Op-Ed
- How to Use Social Media for Advocacy
- Become a Two-Minute Activist
Planning an advocacy event? Let AAUW’s Policy team know so they can send you free AAUW materials.
Keep Your Members Engaged
Keep your student organization’s momentum going throughout the year — learn about different ways to take your meetings and campus programming to the next level.
Make the Most of Your AAUW Connection
Take advantage of everything AAUW has to offer — besides providing you support and materials, AAUW offers a host of other campus leadership programs.
- National Conference for College Women Student Leaders
- Webinar: How to Get More Students to AAUW’s College Leadership Conference
- National Student Advisory Council
- Campus Action Project Grants
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops
- Elect Her
- AAUW’s Virtual Graduate School Fair
- Campus Outreach Program Grants
Transition Your Leadership
Preparing emerging leaders for success is crucial to your student organization’s sustainability.
Know Your Next Steps with AAUW
Just because your members graduate does not mean that their journeys with AAUW are over.
Answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about AAUW student organizations.
Recruit new members and engage current ones by taking your campus events to the next level!
Give a minute; gain a lifelong community of leaders! Here are our top six reasons to join AAUW as an e-student affiliate.