State Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF) Liaison Position Description
The state LAF liaison promotes the AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund’s mission, strategic case support, campus outreach, and Case Support Travel Grants and oversees LAF fundraising activity in the state.
Responsibilities to Your State
- Encourage branches and individuals to support LAF programs and encourage them to give generously to ensure that these efforts continue.
- Work with other state officers and committees to integrate LAF strategic case support and programs with other state priorities as appropriate.
- Create and serve on state coalitions that will help move LAFʼs mission forward.
- Evaluate previous state LAF fundraising efforts and identify opportunities for growth.
- Work with branch LAF liaisons in the state to develop a fundraising action plan with measurable goals and objectives.
- Serve as a consultant to branch LAF liaisons in the areas of fundraising, planning and goal setting, and contributions management.
- Manage all LAF contributions received by branches and individuals.
- Develop and oversee the state LAF budget.
Responsibilities to Branches in Your State
Support the LAF program and fundraising efforts of your branches through training, encouragement, and regular contact.
Responsibilities to AAUW
Adhere to LAF contributions deadlines, fiscal management policies, and charitable tax laws. Disseminate information from LAF to your state board, branches, and community.
Leadership Skills Helpful to the Position
A good candidate will be skilled in fundraising, planning and goal setting, program planning and development, communications, team building, budgeting, and fiscal management.
Along with the time necessary to accomplish the above responsibilities, this position requires time to serve on the state board of directors and other committees as assigned. Attendance at state convention and board meetings is required. Attendance at the AAUW National Convention is strongly encouraged.