AAUW National Election
Will Your Name Be on the 2017 AAUW Ballot?
If you’ve never considered running for the AAUW Board of Directors, you should!
And now’s the time to start preparing.
What’s it take?
- Some leadership experience inside or outside of AAUW. (Inside AAUW is very helpful!)
- A knowledge of AAUW’s programs and resources.
- Availability to travel to board meetings in Washington, D.C., a few times a year; state conventions as assigned; and the biennial convention.
- Participation in teleconference meetings such as board and committee calls, as well as with state presidents, as assigned.
- The desire to be part of changing the climate for women and girls everywhere!
You can help guide AAUW’s amazing work to empower women and girls. And if running isn’t right for you, encourage a friend.
Here are the key dates for AAUW’s 2017 national election:
|October 3, 2016||Comment period opens online for members to propose amendments to the AAUW Bylaws, suggest changes to the Public Policy Program, and propose resolutions|
|October 14, 2016||Deadline for candidate applications|
|December 5, 2016||Comment period closes|
|January 30, 2017||Candidate profiles posted to website|
|Early April 2017||Voter PINs e-mailed to members and mailed with the Spring AAUW Outlook; candidate slate, bylaws proposals, Public Policy Program proposals, and resolutions published in the Spring AAUW Outlook|
|April 3, 2017||Opening date to request paper ballot|
|April 14, 2017||Voting begins online|
|May 4, 2017||Deadline for AAUW to receive request for paper ballot|
|May 22, 2017||Deadline for mailing paper ballot; ballots must be postmarked by 11:59 p.m. to be counted|
|June 14–17, 2017||AAUW National Convention, Washington, D.C.|
|June 15, 2017||Online voting ends at 9 p.m. EDT|
|June 16, 2017||Election results announced online and at convention|