Nominate an Eleanor Roosevelt Fund Awardee
Every other year, we give the Eleanor Roosevelt Fund Award to an individual, project, organization, or institution for outstanding contributions to equality and education for women and girls.
The 2017 nomination period had closed.
The nominee’s work should support the goals of the AAUW Eleanor Roosevelt Fund:
- Remove barriers to women’s and girls’ participation in education
- Promote the value of diversity and cross-cultural communication
- Develop greater understanding of the ways women learn, think, work, and play
To be eligible for the award, projects or activities must take place within the United States and recipients or organizational representatives must reside in the United States at the time the award is given. AAUW state/branch programs are not eligible for this award.
The recipient will receive an award of $5,000 and travel expenses to attend the 2017 AAUW National Convention in Washington, D.C. The honoree must personally accept the award at convention.
- A completed nomination form. Start the application process by clicking on the link to access the application and create an account through our vendor site.
- Three letters of recommendation/commendation. Note: If you are nominating yourself or an organization for which you serve as an officer (g., executive director), you must also submit a letter of support from an outside organization or individual.
- Other relevant supporting documents (i.e., press clippings and curriculum vitae)