Volunteer Application for National Committees and Task Forces
AAUW Needs You!
Do you want to take an active part in AAUW? Do you have experience and expertise in the work of an AAUW committee or task force?
- AAUW is looking for enthusiastic and responsible leaders.
- The work carried out by committees and task forces is the cornerstone of AAUW accomplishments.
- Active participation in AAUW committees and task forces enables participants to grow as leaders as AAUW advances its mission.
Committee or task force appointment by the national board is for a two-year term beginning July 1, 2015. Members may be re-appointed for another two-year term.
Committee/Task Force Member
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Prepare prior to each committee/task force conference call by staying up-to-date with AAUW policies, resources, and materials relevant to the work of the committee/task force.
- Plan to participate in all committee/task force calls and endeavors.
- Accept and complete tasks identified by the committee/task force
- Embrace opportunities for leadership development.
- Collaborate — function well within a team, respect differing opinions but work toward consensus.
- Be efficient and courteous in e-mail communications and conference call interactions.
There are opportunities on all of our committees and task forces. Which one is best suited for you? Where do your skills and passion fit?