Branch Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF) Liaison Position Description
The branch LAF liaison promotes the AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund’s mission, strategic case support, campus outreach, and Case Support Travel Grants and oversees LAF fundraising activity in the branch and community.
Responsibilities to Your Branch
- Create and serve on local coalitions that will help move LAFʼs mission forward.
- Evaluate previous branch LAF fundraising efforts and identify opportunities for growth.
- Recruit a branch LAF team to help plan and implement LAF fundraising and program initiatives.
- Develop a fundraising action plan with measurable goals. Coordinate this effort with your state LAF liaison to ensure that branch goals are included in the state fundraising plan.
- Manage and submit all LAF contributions received from individuals and raised through branch events and other initiatives.
- Ensure that the branch budget reflects LAF priorities.
- Work with other branch officers and committees to integrate LAF strategic case support and programs with other branch priorities.
- Inform branch members and the community about LAF programs and encourage them to give generously to ensure that these efforts continue.
Responsibilities to Your State
Maintain regular contact with the state LAF liaison. Share successful programs and fundraisers with the state and other branches.
Responsibilities to AAUW
Adhere to LAF contributions deadlines, fiscal management policies, and charitable tax laws. Disseminate information from LAF to your branch members and the community.
Leadership Skills Helpful to the Position
A good candidate will have experience with fundraising, planning and goal setting, program planning and development, communications, team building, budgeting, and fiscal management.
Along with the time necessary to accomplish the above responsibilities, this position requires time to serve on the branch board of directors and other committees as assigned. Attendance at state conventions, regional conferences, and the AAUW Nation Convention is encouraged.