International Project Grants Application
Webinar: Learn More
About the International
Project Grant Application
Only women who completed an AAUW International Fellowship between 1999 and 2013 are eligible to apply.
Applications for AAUW International Project Grants are open August 1–December 15.
The following items constitute a complete application. If any item is missing, the application will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified. Please see the full application instructions for more detail.
- Online application form
- Supporting documents, which must be uploaded into the online form
- Project director résumé or curriculum vitae
- Project budget form
- Project budget narrative
- Three letters of recommendation
2015–16 grant year
Grant year: July 1–June 30
Applications available: August 1–December 15
Application deadline: December 15
3 Ways to Strengthen Your Application
AAUW’s International Project Grants support our alumnae and their efforts to improve the lives of women and girls in their home countries. The information provided in your application will help us to ensure that your project meets the grant guidelines and can achieve your goals. Here are three things you can do to strengthen your application.
- Review resources on how to write strong grant proposals. The Foundation Center’s website has step-by-step instructions and a webinar on proposal writing, as well as helpful information on developing a budget.
- Find someone who can provide feedback and guidance on your application. Reach out to a mentor, an organization in your community that has a strong track record in obtaining grants, or one of the Foundation Center’s international locations.
- Learn more about the International Project Grant’s goals, eligibility guidelines, and application process by accessing our archived version of our webinar, carefully reviewing the application instructions, and contacting AAUW with questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please direct all questions about applications to email@example.com or write to us at
International Project Grants
AAUW Fellowships and Grants
1111 Sixteenth St., NW
Washington, DC 20036
How can you write a grant proposal that will get the attention it deserves? Use these eight tips from an expert to get noticed.