Equity in the NewsMay 12, 2008
Equity in the News from May 2 – May 12, 2008
- Men, concentrated in the weakest sectors, are losing jobs in this downturn, while women make gains.
- At least 54 more women are accusing Bloomberg L.P., the financial-services and media company founded by [New York City] Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, of discriminating against pregnant employees, a lawyer for the federal government said on Thursday.
- I am Joanna Connors, and I am telling the story I kept private for 23 years. I’m doing it for all of the others who have survived sexual assault in silence, ashamed and afraid to tell their stories.
- If there already weren’t enough reasons to get your child involved in sports, the story of Sara Tucholsky will give you another one.
- All Michael Buday wanted to do was take the last name of his wife, Diana Bijon, when they married in the U.S.
- Mildred Loving, a black woman whose challenge to Virginia’s ban on interracial marriage led to a landmark Supreme Court ruling striking down such laws nationwide, has died.